Based on the spirit to conserve sea turtles without ulterior motives and nonprofit orientation, Banyuwangi Sea Turtle Foundation has objectives and programs as follows:
- Assist the government in efforts to conserve natural resources and environment, especially to rescue the sea turtle as wildlife which is protected by Indonesian law.
- Provide education through guidance and counseling to public and students to realize that even though sea turtles have important role in the chain of natural ecosystems, they are an endangered species and threatened by extinction. Therefore, the sea turtles are protected by law.
- To make Banyuwangi as a rescue, observation, education, and research center of sea turtles for Indonesian or foreigner researchers.
- To socialize and invites the seaside residents and fishermen to realize that the sea turtle is an endangered species and protected by law.
- To deliver explanation in schools and informal education center concerning the conservation of sea turtles by visiting schools and bring some preserved examples of the four types of sea turtle hatchlings and eggs, power point presentation, viewing photographs or drawings of sea turtle, and screening videos using projectors.
- To cooperate with seaside community and relevant institution to relocate sea turtle eggs (outside of conservation zone) to the semi-natural hatching facility in Pantai Boom for easier monitoring and better security.
- To release the successfully hatched sea turtle hatchlings directly into the sea where the eggs was found. Some of the hatchlings are kept for more days/months as a means of socialization, educational, research, and science purpose.
- To invites fishermen and seaside community, students, Boy Scout, and nature lovers to collect garbage, and make the beach clean so the sea turtles will not ingested plastics.